Here are a few highlights for someone thinking about attending:
- A state-level panel discussing the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (f.k.a. No Child Left Behind).
- A panel discussing the use of Standard 11: Finance for charter schools from the perspective of the CSSI team member, business manager and administrator.
- The legal aspects to the Financial Transparency Act and what's required of charter schools.
- Fundraising for charter schools.
- Lessons learned from one charter school's audit.
- How to start a charter school business office.
- An update on the HB 1412 State Advisory Committee established to recommend charter school and charter school authorizer standards.
- Internet safety for schools.
- Property and liability insurance tips for charter schools.
- Information on the BEST (Building Excellent Schools Today) grant.
Register for the Finance Seminar at: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdechart/event_fin_bmn.htm
Charter school business managers meet throughout the school year every other month. The same link works to register for those meetings.